We’ve been seeing a lot of Pinkoo Puttar madness in our facebook group recently! We’re done with two prompts of the #kbcPinkooShergill Contest already and all the children’s creativity has knocked the cupcakes out of us!
The Pinkoo excitement is high (blame it on the sugar!). So without further ado, presenting PROMPT 3 OF THE #kbcPinkooShergill Contest!
PROMPT 3 CONTEST DETAILS
Topic: Write a fictional/real life story about someone who broke a gender stereotype and chose an unconventional profession based on her/his passion. [ETA: If you’re writing a real story, pls try to write about a person you know. ]
It could be any profession. eg Car Mechanic – most people think only boys can fix cars, but we know that’s not true, right? Or Ballet Dancer – most people think only girls do ballet, but we know boys can dance just as well! So go ahead, share unusual and unconventional stories (real or fiction) around busting gender stereotypes where people pursued their dreams, professionally. These are the stories we wish to celebrate!
This is a write & review contest where THREE LUCKY KBC MEMBERS will win a copy each of Pinkoo Shergill Pastry Chef by Vibha Batra, illustrated & designed by Shamika Chaves and published by Scholastic India! Plus the opportunity to review the book! Only the best review will be published here on kidsbookcafe.com !
Aug 26-31, 2021 (EOD) EXTENDED TO SEPT. 11, 2021 (EOD)
#kbcPinkooShergill Contest Details:
So here’s what you need to do:
1) Sign up on kidsbookcafe.com
2) Add a post – share your story. Be sure to add one image that you have drawn or clicked (please avoid using images from the internet). MAXIMUM 2 IMAGES ARE ALLOWED.
Length: Max 1000 words
Only entries that are posted on kidsbookcafe.com will be considered.
3) Write a unique title with Hashtag #kbcPinkooShergill
4) Criteria for participation: For residents of India only (as shipping abroad is an issue). One parent must be a member of our super engaged Facebook Group.
5) Age no bar! Prompt 3 of the #kbcPinkooShergill Contest is open to both children and parents. But only one entry per family is allowed!! Yeah don’t get carried away – the topic is very very exciting but you, your mom, your dad, your younger sister and furball all cannot participate!!
6) #kbcPinkooShergill Contest ends
AUG.31, 2021 (EOD), EXTENDED TO SEPT. 11, 2021 (EOD) which means you need to post your entries here on kidsbookcafe.com by then.
While there are 6 books up for grabs across all prompts of the contest, the 3 most interesting stories from Prompt 3 will win! Like we already mentioned, winners will not only win a book each, but also get the opportunity to review the book!
Important note: If the content of any post does not meet the editorial standards of kidsbookcafe.com, the post will not be approved. Team Scholastic India and Team Kids Book Café retain the right to publish reader-worthy content and choose winners of the campaign. Their decision is final.