Very often, actually most often right after the Scholastic Sale and right before the Amazon Sale, we get requests for recommendations on awesome bookshelves as well as storage ideas.
So guess what we did? We curated a post to help everyone grab a little something to store their precious books!
- Here is the Bus Book Stand that Achira and her family adore and recommend and that now many members have! It comes in Red and Blue Colours!
3. Indha Umbrella Print Multiutility Table Top Single Compartment Books/Magazine Holder (MDF board covered with cloth) – Shipra has this umbrella one!!! There are other designs too!
4. a) HeavenlyKraft Superhero Book Reading Metal Bookend (batman)
Shipra has HeavenlyKraft metal book ends and highly recommends them. She says they are “Sturdy & good quality! Great to hold thick hardcover books together.”
5. Book Racks For Kids – you’ll find the many options here
6. Book Shelves For Kids – some more
7. Amazon Brand – Solimo Fabric Foldable Storage Organiser. Gauri Aras has the Black one for her 4yo (now he’s 5) and recommends it. To quote her, “it can store quite a lot of books. It is very good and sturdy”
Asha ordered this as well and is so happy to see many of her book piles around the house all into this ONE ORGANISER!! It is also available in a set of 2 and a set of 4 at a steal!
8. There are other foldable cubes for storage available as well.
9. Storage boxes with lids are multi -purpose!
10. Kuber Industries Plastic 3 Pieces Small Size Multipurpose Solitaire Storage Basket with Lid – is a bestseller for books and toys!
11. SS Arts Engineered 3 Tier Storage Rack – we all marvelled this in Nimisha Daharwal’s post.
New book shelf added today for little bookworm’s library… book rotation is really not our style because we like to pick and read as many books as we can …never realised raising little readers would be so fulfilling !!
12. BabyCenterIndia Pastel Book Rack – Nimisha has this as well after which many of our members ordered it! To quote her:
Totally love this shelf … we got it in Aug’19… have used and loved it everyday ..toddlers can see all the books and can pick out/put back books themselves ..plus it is still good as new!
Priya Pathak Banerjee shared Aaheli’s Corner (isn’t it awesome?!) with us that includes the same BabyCenterIndia Pastel Book Rack as well as Kurtzy Magnetic Black and White Board with Marker, Duster & Chalk | Double Sided Wooden Easel for Kids Drawing & Writing
13. a) Sakshi recently got CLASS Kid’s Book Organizer with Pastel Fabric (Multicolour) which is similar to the one above. The book shelf is actually sturdy with excellent back support in the form of a wooden bar. She did a comparison with the CALLAS one she already had from a previous kbc purchase. Quoting her:
Pros:-It is strong and firm -The metal pipes are sturdy -The screws provide are big and strong-Very easy and quick to assemble (even with a toddler around) -Wooden plank at the rear side provides additional support and makes it strong-Pastel colours look so pleasing
Cons: The material of the cloth provided does not look that strong Somewhat transparent (as you can appreciate in the pics) The previous one (Callas) we have has satin
13. b) The pastel shade one Sakshi has also comes in dark colours! CLASS Kid’s Book Organizer with Deep Colored Fabric.
14. Book Shelves For Kids’ Rooms – some more options here!
15. DeckUp Siena 3-Shelf Engineered Wood Book Shelf – Mahima bought this one and then Asha did after seeing the picture. In fact while assembling it, Asha called Mahima to check if they were doing it correctly!
We bought at a very reasonable price and it just fits our perfect
A few weeks later this was Asha’s bookshelf which has changed tremendously since now she has 1 dedicated section for picture books, 2 dedicated sections for Scholastic books! Aarini’s books are in her cabinet in her bedroom! This book shelf is real value for money and looks extremely elegant!
16. Callas Kids Book Rack Storage Book Shelf – this is a bestseller and many of our kbc members have this. Best option for picture books. It’s sturdy and can hold many picture books. Great accessibility for childoos and it displays picture books well so they are always in front of you and on top of your childoo’s mind :). You might end up reading many more books a day owing to this display!
16. (b) NEW ADDITION!
17. Wooden World Ladder Shelf, 5-Tier Foldable Wood Bookshelf – Shaoni just got this one and they assembled it at home today! Voila!!
Some more options we had pulled out on various threads:
28. DeckUp Muvo 3-Shelf Engineered Wood Book Shelf and Display Unit (Dark Wenge, Matte Finish)
Wipro Garnet ABS 6w Led Table Lamp – 3 Grade Dimming and Color Changing – Shipra highly recommends this for “nighttime reading. It’s not a book light but serves the purpose well. It has three grade dimming as well.”
A big shout-out to all of our members for sharing their storage options. We’ll be adding more here based on recommendations from the group.
[Note from Team Kids Book Café: For your convenience, affiliate links (MARKED IN PINK) to some of the book titles & images have been added to enable you to buy the books from AMAZON, should you wish to! A very small amount of money comes to kidsbookcafe.com when you purchase a book via the amazon affiliate link provided (at absolutely no extra cost to you!). Do let us know if you need information about other children’s books by writing to email@example.com.]