Title: I Am Thankful
Author: Kathryn Jewitt
Illustrator: Lizzy Doyle
Publisher: Kingfisher (An imprint of Macmillan Children’s Books)
Type: Board Book
Age Group: 0 – 5 years
It is a book that I am truly grateful for. Reasons why this book is our current favourite, are:
- Detailed illustrations <3
- Words are minimal yet very impactful
- The scenes take you from day to night
- It covers activities like getting dressing up, eating breakfast, etc, so you can easily talk about “routine/ schedule” to the kiddos
- Different settings from bedroom, waking up, breakfast, play, night time, woods
- Doubles up as “My first 100 words” kind of book
- Depicts women as professionals too
- Did I tell you it’s perfect for seek and find game “where’s a cat?” “Do I see moon?”
- Inclusive of people of all skin colors, hair colors
- Many animal illustrations to familiarize with
This book has been a dear friend for almost 6 months and has been helpful in a variety of ways. You can talk about a lot of things, as listed above.
We may still not been there at “feeling” grateful but N has learnt to “say” thank you.
Reading/playing with this book has definitely instilled gratitude in my daily routine. Would you consider adding it for your little one?
If you enjoyed this review and wish to buy the book from Amazon (kbc affiliate link),CLICK & BUY NOW!