Book: Room on the Broom
Author: Julia Donaldson
Ages: 3-6 years
What comes to your mind when you think about witch? The wicked laugh, ugly wart on the nose and how about evil tricks? Well, not this witch in the Room on the broom. Off she goes in the sky and she is not alone. She makes friends as she helps each one of them – the dog, frog, cat and bird. “Isn’t she a nice witch?” I asked my boy. He obediently nodded.
To make reading a bit more fun, I put on my old shrieking old lady voice and read the story. My boy loves it when I do that. I make animal sounds too. It now comes naturally to me. Its no surprise that this is one of his favorite story books. Room on the broom is also a tv show on Netflix.
This is a mom’s perfect little story to teach their young one about the importance of kindness.
The witch offers each of her friends a ride on her broom. But when all of a sudden the broom brakes, the witch faces a terrible danger. Her friends come to her rescue as they all disguise themselves as a monster and rescue her from the dragon.
My five year old’s favorite part is when the witch makes a magic potion and create a new broom that has a special chair for everyone even a shower for the dirty frog. My boy wanted a broom just like that one.
“What did we learn?” I asked at the end of the story.
“If we are kind to others, others will be kind to us” Said my boy.
Mommy is happy! Job done:) This book is a wonderful way to prove that reading does influence our child’s behavior.
Julia and Axel Scheffler work their magic in creating a wonderful story with fun illustrations. More books from Julia that we recommend are The Snail and the Whale, The Smartest Giant in Town.
Stick Man Early Reader is also popular.
All of Julia Donaldson’s books can be found here on Amazon. The booksets work out to be more economical and are therefore preferred by our members:
- Julia Donaldson Collection 2020 ( Ziplock) for ages 2-7 years which according to information on amazon includes these 10 books: The Paper Dolls, What the Ladybird Heard, The Gruffalo’s Child, The Gruffalo, The Snail and the Whale, Room on the Broom, Monkey Puzzle, Cave Baby, Tyrannosaurus Drip, The Troll.
2) Julia Donaldson collection (pack of 10 books) for ages 2-7 years
3) Julia Donaldson collection (pack of 10 books including Monkey Puzzle which is very popular amongst our #kbcChildoos) – 2-7 years
4) THERE IS A RECENT NEW BOOKSET (which makes perfect sense!!). Julia Donaldson X10 Gift Pack+Monkey Puzzle Product Bundle !!! Shout-out to Asra for discovering this product bundle!!
5) Julia Donaldson and Lydia Monks (pack of 8 glitter books) for ages 2-6 years
If you liked this review and would like to buy this book from Amazon,CLICK & BUY NOW!