As a part of our #KeepCalmAndReadOn Campaign during the pandemic we are sharing other activities you could do with your kids along with reading. Mix it up a bit! We asked folks to share their fave jigsaw puzzles and we curated a list of must haves.
Quoting Asha: “I LOVE DOING JIGSAW PUZZLES! As a child and even as a parent – I still do with my childoo!”
Girija recently shared a dedicated post on puzzles:
‘Getting puzzles for a young toddler is a task – the size, thickness, durability requirements made me go crazy! Hope this post helps you figure out options for your kid.’
1) Melissa & Doug One Piece Puzzles are prefect to begin with. The pieces are thick and sturdy and withstand rough use. This one doesn’t have pegs and hence perfect for a mouthing toddler.
2) Skillofun – My First Learning Puzzle has 2 piece puzzles on various themes like shadows, opposites, animal babies, colours etc. It is wooden and does not bend even after rough use. Pieces are just the right size for a toddler.
3) Toykraft – My First Puzzles are 3 piece puzzles and also come with different themes. The pieces are big , which was crucial for us as M still put everything in her mouth. We couldn’t find any three piece ones that were big size and made of wood. So we settled for these cardboard ones instead.
4) With RK Cart we went back to wooden puzzles. These come with a small bag to keep your pieces in. M loves carrying it around with her. Good quality, ok size. I would have preferred bigger ones.
5) Skola – Sequencing Puzzles – These are ones I love the best, can’t say the same for M She is still warming up to them. I came across these just as M had started recognising numbers. Wonderful concept!
Thank you Girija.
And here are the recommendations shared by other members of the community.
Many thanks to all of our members and #the14yo for curating this post!
[Note from Team Kids Book Café: For your convenience, affiliate links (MARKED IN PINK) to some of the book titles & images have been added to enable you to buy the books from AMAZON, should you wish to! A very small amount of money comes to kidsbookcafe.com when you purchase a book via the amazon affiliate link provided (at absolutely no extra cost to you!). Do let us know if you need information about other children’s books by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.]